About Me

My photo
I love to read. Reading is an escape from the real world. Some books are harsh, like the real world. But, I know that it isn't real. My favorite place to read is on my bed with some candy. Obviously, the picture is not me.

Monday, August 15

Review: The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti





Scarlet spends most of her time worrying about other people. Some are her friends, others are practically strangers, and then there are the ones no else even notices. Trying to fix their lives comes naturally to her. And pushing her own needs to the side is part of the deal. So when her older sister comes home unexpectedly married and pregnant, Scarlet has a new person to worry about. But all of her good intentions are shattered when the unthinkable happens: she falls for her sister’s husband. For the first time in a long time, Scarlet’s not fixing a problem, she’s at the center of one. And ignoring her feelings doesn’t seem to be an option...

Rating: 2/5 stars

I came into this with high expectations. Those expectations, sadly, were not met. What else was I supposed to think when the summary was so good? When the author was highly appraised? The book did not get interesting until 150 pages in. Maybe I expected too much. I'm sorry for those who liked it.

Scarlet, even though she said she cared for others, I found that she cared for herself more than the other people. She was a complete beeyotch at the end. And Juliet, she couldn't pull herself together, even though she was going to have a baby! Everyone, except Hayden and her Mom, cared about themselves and didn't give a sh*t for the other people in the book. Juliet was married, and going to have a baby, and she was running after Buddy. She didn't care that it might be hard for her baby if she wasn't with the dad. She didn't care about the baby.

The ending was AWFUL. Scarlet KISSED THE GUY HER "BEST FRIEND" LOVED. I know Nicole said she didn't care, but HELLO!!! When a girl says she doesn't care, SHE CARES!! Scarlet took things WAY out of proportion. She was a total bi*** at the end. And she kissed her sister's HUSBAND! Oh good lord.

I can go on and on about how much I didn't like it. It was okay, but I didn't HATE it. It actually was kinda good at some parts. I am sorry that I didn't like it for those who did. Deb Caletti is an author that I definitly will not go back to for awhile.        

No comments:

Post a Comment