About Me

My photo
I love to read. Reading is an escape from the real world. Some books are harsh, like the real world. But, I know that it isn't real. My favorite place to read is on my bed with some candy. Obviously, the picture is not me.

Monday, June 24

Review: Taking Back Forever by Karen Amanda Hooper

Taking Back Forever (The Kindrily, #2)


WARNING: THIS IS BOOK TWO IN A SERIES

Synopsis: *Recommended for ages 15 and older due to mature content.* 

Forever is worth the fight.

Maryah erased all memory of her past lives, but she couldn’t erase her soul mate Nathan, or his undying love. Now, Maryah and Nathan have a second chance at a future together, but first Maryah must remember the person she used to be and embrace her supernatural gifts—more than one kindrily member’s life depends on it.

Maryah’s power is Harmony’s best hope of finding her kidnapped soul mate, Gregory. But Harmony isn’t big on asking anyone for help, and she’s tired of waiting, so she’s taking matters into her own hands. Heaven help anyone who stands in her way.

Publisher: Starry Sky Publishing

Page Count: 365 pages

Edition: Kindle (provided by publisher via NetGalley)

Rating: 4/5 stars

Review: 

This book was so good. Taking Back Forever was a fast paced, action packed, sit on the edge of your seat kind of book. It gripped me from the beginning and wouldn't let me go. I literally stayed up until almost two in the morning trying to finish it. I'm still recovering :D. 

The plot of this book is unique to begin with. I have never seen reincarnation done like this. But it still doesn't compare to my favorite reincarnation series, The Eternal Ones. Although I will say that this one is giving it a run for it's money. The characters-essentially all reincarnated souls-were so life like and real. They all had their own personalities. Harmony was not my favorite character though. But she grew on me after a while. Maryah was sweet. But the whole book she was either agonizing over how she lost her memories or agonizing over how Nathaniel wouldn't have sex with her. It got really old after a while. I can understand wanting to have sex. But Maryah just wouldn't give up on it. That was really what made me not give this book a five out of five. That and Harmony. 

I was just going along in this book when suddenly we get to the 70 percent mark. Then BAM! A totally unexpected action scene comes up! I couldn't put the book down after that. When I got to that part I started rocking back and forth in my bed. I was squealing and gasping for the rest of the book. Gregory, you big jerk you. I just want to punch you then hug you. 

For anyone planning on reading this book-first of all, do it!-I would take the author's advice and not read the bonus chapters at the end. Hooper asked the readers not to give anything away so I won't. But I will say if you don't like cliffhangers, do not read the bonus chapters. But I am so glad I did though. It has me eagerly awaiting FIGHTING FOR INFINITY. Just when I thought things would be good for these characters and Maryah.....Nope! Nothing more. 

Please pick up this series. It is fastly becoming one of my favorite reincarnation series. I would recommend this to anybody who likes reincarnation and is looking for a new twist on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment