About Me

My photo
I love to read. Reading is an escape from the real world. Some books are harsh, like the real world. But, I know that it isn't real. My favorite place to read is on my bed with some candy. Obviously, the picture is not me.

Friday, February 15

Review: Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins





Synopsis: Your heart misleads you.That's what my friends and family say.

But I love Noah.
And he loves me.

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms.

It should be

ROSE & NOAH

forever, easy.

But it won't be.

Because he's Amish.


And I'm not.


Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Page Count: 383 (on Goodreads)

Edition: Paperback

Rating: 3/5 stars

Review: 

                                This book is about a girl named Rose who moves to a small town in Ohio. Her new house is next to an Amish community. Being from Cinncinati, Rose doesn't know what to make of the new neighbors. But then her neighbors come over to invite them for dinner at their house. Then she meets Noah and is instantly attracted to him. The story takes off from there.

                                I really did not enjoy this book. I mean, it was okay, so I can't really say it was bad. It just wasn't my cup of tea. The plot sounds very unique and interesting. I've never read an Amish book before. But, sadly, this book was not what I expected. This book would have been better if not for the insta-love and the jerk named Noah. As we all know, insta-love is a common theme in YA. In Temptation, it had the potential for being a great love. If the couple didn't fall in love within a week or two, though. They had barely known each other and Noah was saying Rose was his. Rose was just as bad too. I can't blame her though. She's sixteen and has never had a boyfriend before. She barely knows what love is. I sympathized with her. Rose really did not know anything. Even though I pitied her, she was very naieve and dependent. It was like she couldn't live without Noah and refused to try. Her relationship with her brothers, Sam and Justin, annoyed me too. I think Hopkins tried too hard to make them "normal". Brothers and sisters do not fight that much, trust me. Sam really wanted to help his sister but she acted like a brat around him. Especially when Sam brought up Noah. Speaking of Noah, I don't like him. At all. He was manipulative, rude, and disrespected Rose and her "culture". I really didn't like him.

                         I may sound like I hated this book, but I didn't. It was a fun, unique read and I'm going to pick up the second book in the series when I have time.

****Thanks to HarlequinTeen Panel for sending me this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment